We Provide Personal Injury Law & ICBC Claim Dispute Services
ICBC Claim & Dispute Lawyer
We Provide Free ICBC & Personal Injury Case Evaluations
ICBC Injury Lawyer Services
If you are an accident victim, you need to know that the amount offered by the ICBC as compensation is probably not the best compensation you could have received. The ICBC relies on adjustors to negotiate compensation, and these adjustors are mandated to settle at the lowest amount in the shortest time. That is why it is a good idea to seek the services of an ICBC lawyer when pursuing compensation from the ICBC. At Sidhu Law, we provide personal injury law services that specializes in claim disputes. If you have been injured in an auto accident and your settlement is handled by the ICBC, contact us.
When To Engage An ICBC lawyer
The ICBC processes compensation according to the strength of your case. If you are under 35 years old, you could be eligible for up to $400,000 in compensation for potential lost income. Even people above this age are eligible for up to $150,000. This can only happen if you have a strong case and follow the proper procedures in pursuing the compensation. You will need an ICBC lawyer in the following instances:
- When the ICBC has to be notified of your accident
- When the ICBC needs to sign a statement regarding your accident
- When the ICBC asks you to attend a medical examination
- When the ICBC needs you to sign any medical or income related documents
- When the ICBC is negotiating to pay you an advance instead of a comprehensively negotiated compensation
Basically, you need an ICBC lawyer injury claims for any dealings with the ICBC as any information you provide, and any document you sign can jeopardize your compensation claim.
ICBC Claim Process
You have to follow the proper procedure to guarantee the success of your compensation claim. An ICBC lawyer will guide you in these steps which are:
- Report the accident and get a file number. This can be done over the phone by yourself or a loved one. However, take care not to use the dial-a-claim statement service
- Fill the documentation to kick off the claims process which includes insurance policy applications, short form medical report, certificate of earnings and other needed documentation. An ACBC lawyer will help you acquire this documentation, otherwise visit an ICBC claims center.
- Attend a medical evaluation if you have not done so. This is part of the investigation that will be carried out by the ICBC through one of its investigators. You will also be interviewed by the investigator. It is advisable to have legal representation in this interview.
- Attend any rehabilitation programs sponsored by the ICBC in addition to receiving your compensation.
- Keep the ICBC updated so that your benefits are increased or maintained